Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Japanese Darth Maul is the action figure all of us Star Wars geeks have been waiting for.

I'm not going to even remotely suggest that I'm the only guy out there that thought Darth Maul with his blazing lightsaber was the coolest thing ever. Sure, the big reveal of the double-ended lightsaber happened more than 15 years ago and spawned hundreds of YouTube videos of people using double-bladed lightsabers in their own mini-movies. However, there's never been an action figure that I seriously wanted to own...not until now that is.

Square-Enix's Play Arts Kai line now includes the most awesome Darth Maul figure ever. Seriously, just check out these pictures. Also, note how even in a neutral pose, the flowing robes are just badass.


Cool? You can click to "Embiggen."

8 comments:

  1. Not into action figures, but that is a cool one. And yes, Darth Maul was one of the coolest villains ever in the Star Wars universe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had money I could spend thousands on action figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to own a house so I'd have the room to display figures like this rather than keep them in storage (which is what I'd have to do now).

      Delete
  3. I was shocked to learn that while Darth Maul was still alive. Darth Sidious was still considered the apprentice.

    Rule of two? eh whatever

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so not an action figure person, but you're right about the flowing robes. This figure really has a sense of movement that's surprisingly well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, looks really well put together!

    ReplyDelete